Table of Contents
- What are Blockchain Games
- Best blockchain games to follow in 2022 I. Gods Unchained II. Star Atlas III. Axie Infinity IV. Guild of Guardians V. Ethermore
What are Blockchain Games?
Any game that is built on a blockchain, uses utility NFTs in its gameplay, or has play-to-earn mechanics in which players earn crypto tokens or NFTs for playing the game or participating in the community.
1. Gods Unchained
1. By playing games you unlock packs that give you digital cards. These are Common Core cards and are not minted to the Ethereum network. 2. By winning games in Ranked, you earn Flux. Flux is a crafting tool that allows you to make Common Core cards more valuable. (See ‘What is the Gauntlet of the Gods?’ for more). 3. Once you have enough Flux, you can head to the Forge in the game launcher and fuse duplicate Core cards together to create higher quality cards. These become minted to the Ethereum network and now have real world value. 4. The final step is to trade these cards in the Marketplace for real world cash. From there, you can buy new cards with your current earnings or convert it to your own currency to spend however you want.
2. Star Atlas
What Does Star Atlas Aim to Be?
What Does Star Atlas Have Today?
3. Axie Infinity
4. Guild of Guardians
1. Guild Raids; 2. Guild PVP; 3. Land gameplay; 4. User-generated dungeons; 5. Global eSports tournaments; 6. Social hang-out and trading zones.
- Character affinity changes to moral alignment based on choices made in the quest
- Status changes (players can get poisoned, burned, etc. throughout the quest)
- Branching narratives
- Multiple endings
- Exclusive quest options and story endings based on the player character’s race, class, or background