19/09/23 – Round Midnight, a leading provider of virtual reality (VR) experiences, is honored to host an event on behalf of the Greater Manchester Magistrates Association to address the pressing issue of knife crime in the city.
The event will showcase Round Midnight’s innovative and award-winning Virtual_Decisions: KNIVES programme, an interactive, choose-your-own-path VR simulation that explores the consequences of knife crime and looks at the reasons why young people carry weapons. The event will also delve into the success and continued impact of the follow-on Anti-Knife Crime Curriculum in schools across Manchester.
During the event, a guest will journey through the VR experience in front of an invited audience. The audience will get to see first-hand the decisions the guest makes within the interactive story.
Throughout the event, Round Midnight will demonstrate how Virtual_Decisions: KNIVES is used as a powerful tool in preventing knife crime and promoting positive societal change.
The event will take place on 27th September from 11am- 3pm at No.1 Circle Square, 3 Symphony Park Manchester M1 7FS.
It will include a panel discussion with guest speakers, networking opportunities and a chance to try the VR experience for yourself!
“We have worked closely with the Greater Manchester Violence Reduction Unit for a number of years, and we are pleased to see a 15.2% reduction in knife crime in the city in 2023,” said Director and Founder Claire Downes. “We believe that the work we are doing in schools is making an impact and changing young people’s attitudes to knife crime. However this event is timely and critical in light of the death of a teenage boy on September 15th, after a stabbing in Manchester. Knife crime remains a serious problem in Manchester, and we are committed to doing everything we can to tackle it.”
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
- Jess Melia, Head of Digital Communication, Round Midnight Ltd
- [email protected], 07402 209940
About Round Midnight:
- Established in 1992.
- Round Midnight is a pioneering company at the forefront of creating award-winning virtual reality experiences that confront and illuminate pressing social issues. ● Round Midnight pushes the boundaries of the virtual reality medium, sparking important conversations and fostering empathy through immersive content.
- Round Midnight is a proud partner of the Meta Device Donation Program. ● Virtual_Decisions: KNIVES and the follow-on Anti-Knife Crime Curriculum has recently won the Innovation Award at the Education Awards 2023.
About The Magistrates Association:
- The Magistrates Association (MA) is a national charity that provides education and training to magistrates, as well as others who support the justice system. ● The MA’s aims include that the public is aware of the role of magistrates in the criminal justice system.
- The Greater Manchester Branch, covers magistrates in the Bolton, Manchester and Salford, Stockport, Tameside and Wigan magistrates’ courts.
- The Greater Manchester Branch works to support magistrates in their work, and to raise awareness of the role of magistrates in the community.
We extend a warm invitation to residents, educators, and community leaders to join us at our upcoming event on 27th September from 11am- 3pm at No.1 Circle Square, 3 Symphony Park Manchester M1 7FS. Discover how Virtual_Decisions: KNIVES is transforming the fight against knife crime and promoting positive change. Don’t miss this opportunity to engage in an important dialogue and explore innovative solutions. Reserve your spot today to be part of the conversation that can shape a safer future. RSVP: [email protected].