As we step into this new era of digital connectivity, it is more important than ever before to learn about the various types of metaverses and what they offer. Each metaverse offers its own set of benefits, with many becoming increasingly popular in 2022.
Celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Ana Ivanovic and footballer Marco Verratti have purchased Sandbox Metaverse land.
Paris Hilton also announced recently that she was entering the Sandbox Metaverse to build ‘Paris World’, which would represent Paris’s glamorous personality within the digital space.
Exclusible recently announced that all of their 25 Private Islands within 2 weeks of listing them in the sandbox metaverse have been sold for around 910 ETH. This provides evidence of the massive potential of the sandbox metaverse and the rising demand for digital real estate. Numerous brands such as Skybound Entertainment and Atari have also partnered up with the Sandbox Metaverse to provide incredible gaming experiences.
Snoop Dogg also recently released his music video called “House I Built”, which was filmed within the Sandbox metaverse. The video shows his “Snoopverse”, which is a virtual world that he’s been working on within the Sandbox. The video was clearly built to advertise his metaverse and has been a huge hit, amassing over 3 million views since April 2022.
What is Sandbox Metaverse?
The Sandbox Metaverse is a virtual world launched by Pixowl in 2011 that allows the players in the game to build, purchase and trade digital assets. Character customization, Land, embellishments, and other items are all available through the Sandbox marketplaces.
Each asset purchased, sold, or exchanged in the Sandbox metaverse has its own NFT (Non-fungible token) with its unique identification kept on the blockchain. The technology introduced the “Play to Earn” concept, where you can use the Sandbox to create collectable items and can list them on a marketplace to earn! The Metaverse concept allows the player to be a gamer and to earn at the same time.
The Sandbox Metaverse uses SAND as its digital currency and is built upon the Ethereum Blockchain which is well known for its security and stability. It also has its own NFT marketplace, where users can list their assets after designing them. These assets are registered onto the Blockchain before being listed, to demonstrate proof of ownership.
Key Benefits of The Sandbox Over Other Metaverses
The Sandbox Metaverse offers 3 very unique benefits:
VoxEdit is a Sandbox’s inbuilt 3D modeling software that users can utilize to build digital assets. Similar to building blocks, “Voxels” allow users to create incredible metaverse creations very quickly. It can be anything such as humans, animals, and other embellishments to decorate your virtual space.
With an emphasis on seamless creation experiences, the Sandbox metaverse team has created this editor with an animation feature as well, which allows all types of creations to be animated. These digital assets can then be listed on the Sandbox Marketplace after being created.
Sandbox ‘Game Maker’
Sandbox strongly promotes user contributions to its metaverse and has thus provided a ‘Game Maker’ feature, where you can build your very own 3D game in minutes! The best part is, there is no prior coding experience required, as their software takes care of everything.
Furthermore, with continuous upgrades, the Game Maker provides all the necessary tools for creating various sorts of games. This reinforces their “Play to Earn” concept, where you can build games and monetize them to start earning instantly.
After you’ve built your ‘digital assets’ and games using tools provided by the Sandbox, you can easily enlist your items for sale within their metaverse marketplace.
If you’d like, you can also purchase assets that you feel may enhance your game. Users post various creations on a daily basis, so you’ll have plenty to choose from!
How to Get Started With the Sandbox Metaverse?
The process to get started is very straightforward, anyone with no prior knowledge can register on Sandbox at any moment.
The process includes certain protocols to follow up such as:
- To begin with, you have to register on the Sandbox official website. For registration, having a crypto wallet is a must as Sandbox supports crypto transactions using SAND as its digital currency. If you do not have a wallet, you can easily make one using MetaMask.
- The next step is to create an avatar with different body attires. How you customize your avatar is completely up to you, there are various customization options ranging from facial features to eye colors, body shapes and much more.
- After the creation of the avatar, the Sandbox metaverse will be oriented as per maps.
- You may view all of the digital land plots in the game and select the one that interests you.
- The metaverse has many different levels created by other players, not by the developers. It showcases the sense of user ownership, where the platform fosters a user creation-based mindset.
- By investing your time in playing, you can earn rewards which can be later utilized to purchase an asset on the marketplace. There is no monetary investment required, however, if you do decide to purchase something off of the marketplace to enhance your metaverse experience, it is always recommended to do plenty of research beforehand to avoid making a bad investment decision.
How to Create an Avatar in The Sandbox Metaverse?
Each metaverse revolves around the usage of Avatars. Think of these avatars as physical manifestations of yourself in the virtual realm. In order to explore these exciting metaverses, you would need an avatar to move around.
The best part is that you can customize the metaverse avatar to look like whatever you’d like! There are numerous customization options available!
There are a few steps you need to follow up to have your very own avatar in the Sandbox metaverse:
- Go to Google and type ‘sandbox games’. A website will be open to account creation options and also login options. If you don’t have an account, create one. If you do have an account, please log onto your account.
- Select the home page and on the extreme left corner is an option to create.
- Click on create on the avatar. Now you will have a page having the option of avatar creation
- There will be various free-to-use avatars that you can customize as per preference. You can customize outfits, skin color, hair color, hairstyle, and much more.
- After customization, click on save changes to store the work you have done on your avatar.
- Now you are ready to enter the game with your virtual avatar and can explore the metaverse.
Avatar gives you the freedom to customize your look however you want. The avatars offer flexibility, customization, and monetary value.
Furthermore, it is critical to remember that your sandbox metaverse avatar is your property once you create it. It is registered on the Blockchain as your asset. You may retain management and economic possession of an avatar while utilizing it for business purposes.
What is a $SAND Token & How to Use it?
A SAND is a token of transaction for the dealings taking place in the Sandbox metaverse. It allows users to buy and sell territories and investments, pay artists, developers, and $SAND holders, as well as participate in the administration. There are around 3,000,000,000 maximum tokens. Of which 680,260, 194 are currently active.
There are various ways one can get a SAND token such as:
- Purchasing $SAND on Binance
- Using Simplex to purchase $SAND using a credit card
- Receiving $SAND via The Sandbox Ambassador program
- Through the company’s Rewards program, you may earn $SAND.
As you gain $SAND, there are various ways to use it such as:
- Buying and selling digital assets. Sandbox Metaverse users will upload their creation on the Sandbox marketplace by getting registered as ASSETS. The transactions are made using $SAND.
- Users can create or build tools using $SAND to create 3D projects on their LAND.
- $SAND can be used to customize the avatar, play games, and reach upper levels
- It can also be used for staking as a source of passive income. It is a way to acquire gems and catalysts that can be further used to create ASSETS
- $SAND can be used to fund high-quality content.
How to buy LAND in the Sandbox?
LAND refers to a piece of digital real estate in the Sandbox Metaverse. Once you own a ‘digit block’, you have the access to renovate the place with games and ASSETS. There are a total of 166,464 LANDs available to buy/sell. However, Sandbox holds 10% for special events. The marketplace also provides an opportunity to put up your LAND for rent to other creators.
There are 2 different types of real estate available within the Sandbox, i.e. LAND and ESTATE. Each piece of LAND encompasses 96×96 meters, which is sufficient to build up an interactive gaming experience.
It is also possible to merge segments of small LAND pieces into large Estate. Similarly, it is also possible to convert Estate into a fragment of LAND.
The LAND in Sandbox is purchased at Sandbox LAND Sales. The dates are pre-announced so it is easy to keep track. To buy LAND in Sandbox, a few steps must be followed:
- The first step is to link your wallet to the Sandbox marketplace. Afterwards, use OpenSea to navigate through the available LAND. In the case of looking for a particular piece of LAND, you may use the option of coordinates in the LAND section.
- The next step is to select the LAND of your choice. You can either buy it right away or make a bid for what you feel is feasible.
- You can also negotiate the price of the LAND and make your offer. For a customized offer you have many options for payment as well as days of payment.
There is also a premium LAND option. Premium LAND refers to places near sports complexes, clubs, and malls. The LAND is much pricier than the usual one because it has more traffic. The higher the traffic, the higher the reward from staking. The rent of Premium LAND is also 5x than the usual ones.
What Is An NFT And How To Buy One In The Sandbox Metaverse?
NFTs are non-fungible tokens built upon Blockchain technology with particular identification codes. Unlike crypto, NFTs are non-replicable. The advantage of NFTs is that they provide monetary value and utilitarian value to the holder.
NFTs play an important role in the sandbox cryptocurrency ecosystem because of their usage in the creation of digital reality. As the digital world has 1s and 0s only they can be replicated and spread limitlessly. NFT shows the person is the rightful owner of the object with a particular footprint.
These NFTs can also represent physical properties in real life such as real estate and artwork. Since the Sandbox is built upon the Ethereum Blockchain, each asset you create will be registered on the Blockchain.
Here is how you can purchase an NFT within the Sandbox Metaverse in 8 steps:
- Firstly, create an account on Sandbox if you don’t have one, or log in.
- Ensure a crypto wallet is attached to your account
- You will need SAND (currency for transactions in Sandbox) and some ETH for ‘gas fees’, also known as transaction fees. Initially, you have to buy both SAND and ETH to process further. ETH and SAND can be purchased on various platforms such as Binance. It can also be purchased using Simplex.
- The next step is to go to the marketplace to search for likeable NFTs. To facilitate the search, there is a search bar for better access. The prices in terms of SAND are mentioned. There is an information page to dig up the details of the NFT. Remember the rarity of an NFT also influences the price, however, you also have to do thorough research on the market demand.
- Once satisfied with your choice, you can proceed with buying it.
- Confirm the order and sign in to your wallet to complete the transaction.
- On a successful transaction, the NFT will appear in your wallet.
- You can now list this NFT for sale, or use it within the Sandbox!
In case you don’t see your NFT in the wallet instantly, you can track the progress of the transaction. Since there are thousands of transactions happening at once, it may take a while before it shows up.
What Are The Core Gameplay Mechanics Of The Sandbox Metaverse?
The Sandbox game strategically emphasizes creativity within its gameplay, by providing users the option to explore the metaverse with no objectives. Users can utilize their avatars to move freely within the metaverse and create their own ‘worlds’. Similar to the ‘Snoopverse’, users can create their own metaverse using their 3D game builder.
By providing users with a blank canvas to work with, the game can be anything the users want it to be. The users could create a racing track and cars using their 3D VoxEdit builder and have fun! By giving freedom, the Sandbox Metaverse team aspires to allow users to discover solutions to problems that they may not have even known about.
Each Sandbox Metaverse member may feel overwhelmed at the start since there is an endless series of virtual worlds to explore, but that is what makes the entire process interesting! They reinforce the concept of user-led stories and campaigns!
Users can purchase or rent LAND to create their own metaverses and can monetize these by providing access at a fixed fee. If your world is exciting and allows users to interact and engage, people will be willing to pay to enter.
Revenue generation is an important aspect of Sandbox metaverse. With their emphasis on “Play to Earn”, users can spend time creating digital assets using their VoxEdit builder and can enlist them on their built-in marketplace.
There are many ways to do so. After the creation of an asset, they can be minted as NFTs in the Sandbox marketplace. You can also create your own game and monetize it using the Sandbox platform. The land can also be rented to generate income.
The Sandbox Metaverse’s technological Ethereum-based architecture serves as the platform’s fundamental base. In a nutshell, Sandbox provides an opportunity to engage with Blockchain, NFTs, and crypto by enabling decentralized computer-generated reality.
The design record, transaction, and creation all are recorded in Blockchain. All transaction takes place using SAND, Sandbox digital currency. Sandbox also allows collaboration with other players for better quality content and interfacing.
In conclusion, the Sandbox Metaverse is a fantastic place to embark on your journey into the virtual world. The platform offers the exciting option of building your own 3D games and creating assets using their VoxEdit builder, which makes it a great choice! We hope this article from The Metaverse Insider has been able to fully explain the limitless potential of this metaverse.